Monday 26 October 2009

It's the Wrong Time Again...

I was reading yesterday that until 1840, at least the UK had its own different times. Exeter was twenty minutes behind London and so on, and if you needed to catch a train you needed to know many times. This is how I feel at this time of year, and of course spring. I just don't know where I am.

Yesterday when I got up, Mat had changed all the clocks to New Time, but we had breakfast later/early and had a really really long day. Then we stayed up to New Time of ten o'clock, which made me feel really tired (blame Friday night for that though) and woke up some Silly Hour this morning with one child in bed and one wandering around our room. Managed to get Wanderer to Go Away as told him I simply can't sleep with someone looking at me and not sitting down. Other one, unfortunately had a bell in her teddy that she kept fidgeting with.

And now we're all up, it's officially a Holiday in tattyhouse (half term), awake, worrying about what pants to wear, and arguing. Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

Sandra Morris said...

Is it half term already?

Seems like no time at since they all went back to school after the summer hols.

The time change always throws my body clock out of kilter too. I was up at stupid o'clock this morning wondering why it was so light outside.
HATE the dark early evenings though...

Anonymous said...

I should not say this but...teachers are always on blooming holiday. (Sorry all friends/husbands etc.)
Handy to have some help with the boring household tasks though.