Friday, 5 February 2010

The house is safe at least...

I've had a madly busy early morning. Took the children to school, then rushed to B&Q, which incidentally was absolutely full of staff today, all of whom were helpful and nice -weird, and bought a smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector. Popped a book back in the helpful box for when the library is closed and came home.

I then actually took the appliances out of their packet, which as an electrical screw driver phobic was a big deal.Read the instructions, and put the batteries in then tested them. Jesus at this rate I'll be wielding a drill next week. I then propped them up in appropriate places as really could not understand wall mounting stuff.

Then I've whizzed around changing all the bins, making beds, washing in and out of the machine, cleaning the table, and um, sitting down. Now it's just past ten and I'm waiting for a gas safety visit, hence the devices.

4 comments:

Sandra Morris said...

You can borrow my power drill and tool belt if you like........

tattyhouse said...

Ha, thanks for that...woudn't want to start a precedent though!

日本 said...

閒暇為所有財富中最美好的財富..............................

Boadicea said...

Well, I guess there's nothing I can add to that!