Tuesday 30 March 2010

I'm just never going to get excited about a job again...

As it always seems to go wrong. This morning I went for a job interview, as a earning assistant at a local college. I got really excited as the job was in the Social Care section and I imagined teaching Sociology to the enthusiastic young students.

Of course it turned out to be teaching pre-GNVQ Health and Social Care, and Childcare to students with lower grades AND all the interview questions were (surprising to me anyway) about my experience teaching and supporting young people. Course my experience is limited to hosting foreign students, and um, being young myself twenty years ago. Neither of which seemed to go down particularly well in the interview.

And I didn't even want the job.

Still, didn't get it so just as well.

No comments: