Tuesday 11 August 2009

Twenty Thousand Posts under and above the radar...

I'm very proud of my blog today, it has achieved twenty thousand plus views. Of course a large portion of those just clicked and shut - particularly people looking up actual information about The Killers, or Chris de Burgh, or even slugs. (I know all this because of the very clever gadget on the bottom left of the blog).

But I've enjoyed blogging, developing my writing skills, getting to know new people, new sites and things, and mostly just a little down time in to my own head. So it is great to reach a high level of views, all I need now is an actual prize, or to get paid. Perhaps a little silver well done me medal, or...if I have to buy my own prize I have to admit I've been thinking about a new winter coat. And that will of course involve a trip to Bluewater, and some coffee and cake.

Anyway - thanks to all of you who have left comments good or bad, no not bad, just supportive or helpfully critical. More More More!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done, you!!

It was the whole 'Hastings' aspect that made me keep coming back.....

Oh then of course, I actually said hello, realised you were lovely, and that's why I come back now! lol

xx

Floss said...

Wow - that really is a lot of viewings! I got rid of my widget that tracked who was visiting, because I think it was blocking some people from reading it (fussy computers, you know...)

I always like to see how you're getting on. I must have missed the Chris de Burgh one, though...

Sandra Morris said...

I'm not surprised your blog is so popular.

Well done you.......I never miss a post :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much ladies - and as for the Chris de Burgh post - it was about the single Human by the Killers sounding like it was by Mr de Burgh. Think I was one of the first to say so - everyone else too cool to notice at the beginning!