Sunday 26 July 2009

I just haven't had anything to say...

But now I do!

We're all going on a summer holiday, won't be back for a week or two. Won't be taking any bloody Cliff Richards CD's for the car either.

But we will be taking compliation CD's and my favourite one of all time, at the moment anyway - called 'Hallelujah' with gems such as Cat Stevens singing 'Morning has broken', and Katherine Jenkins, and various Welsh men. Not so lovely M tries to hide it all the time - found in inside a road atlas the other day. Course we had listened to it all the way to Mid Wales and back. Very soothing for the soul.

And no one was sick which is good, plus no rude/swear words to la la la over. OPM is now sadly only for the rare occesions the car is free of children. I don't think there is any song that is appropriate and even the bit about Jesus packing his bong, which I think would go over their heads worres me because their knowledge of religion is sketchy at best and I don't want them to share this at school (v. Christian head).

And as for the destination, well it is Butlins of course, where all self respecting (broke) middle class families are going this year. Slight concerns about too much activity, lager louts (dads I guess), and um, crowds of people, which can freak me out a bit.

Still, I am so up for disco dancing with the children, swimming, a sandy beach, an apartment which does not need cleaning (well if we manage not to get it dirty that is), no washing, no hills, not much cooking. I've already bought some pasta/sauce and veggie baked beans and sausages. And lots of cereal (yes carb free diet going a bit wrong).

So see you all in a week or so...Let's hope for sun and rain for the garden in the evenings...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh, have a lovely time!! xx