Sunday, 24 January 2010

Don't let anyone tell you it is a phase....

But my new one, as of yesterday is the gym. Had a very respectful induction with young man who didn't fall over laughing when I said I preferred seven minute sessions, and intended to go down to dress sizes on this by popping in twice a week for two or three of these mini sesh's.

He was very kind in fact and showed me all the new fangled equipment - a TV in the screen of the treadmill. And the less new fangled; apparently the rowing machine hasn't changed since my last visit, oh um, five years ago. That was a touch embarrassing to admit, but pretended I had been very busy with my babies.

I might even go again today. Will have to have a shower first though.

6 comments:

Jenandollie said...

Good luck, it blooming hurts at first but its worth it. Which one are you using?

tattyhouse said...

Falaise Gym, with its amazing views of the sea.

Boadicea said...

I have been a member for ... um, quite a long time, but haven't been since... um... last spring? Haven't done aerobics/Pilates for months either, but am reluctant to cancel my membership because I know if I have to actually stump up the money each time I go I'll never do it.
I did post on Freecafe to see whether I could get anyone else to go with me to give me that push... but no replies :-(

smilernpb said...

Did you sign up on a month by month cost or a session by session?

Hubby wants a gym membership - I can't ever see it happening though!

tattyhouse said...

Update - I did go again, and yes, smiler - it was on the month by month type. Largely because it worked out cheaper due to needing a £25 induction to join, and there was a special offer of a months' membership of £20.10 this January. And B - good luck with getting there...

Jenandollie said...

If you fancy a bit of company when you next go then give me a holla.