Wednesday 20 January 2010

I had a dream...last night

And it was quite disturbing. Henry the Eighth, and his horse were in it, plus me and some carriages. We had to run away from some horses that had gone bad. The evil in them was coming out of their noses in the form of toxic smoke and one sniff and you were dead. Henry the Eighth had some shoe trouble and was looking for some casual shoes to wear whilst running away from the toxic horses. He had some smarter boots but I was worried they would hurt his feet after a while so hunted for his shoes to no avail. I think we just got away in time.

What does it all mean, and is it connected to me having a cold, and incidentally thinking about getting some white low Converse as summer shoes? Horses and kings of England I don't know about!

3 comments:

J said...

Might possibly mean you have been watching far too much Disney?!

Either that or been eating cheese in the evening, actually, no idea if there is any basis in that old wives tale.

Sandra Morris said...

Blimey Bev, where do I start?

Ok, Henry VIII represents your father, or a father figure. In this sense you are seeking support.

Horses symbolise strength, power,sexual prowess and strong physical energy. However, the fact that the horses are evil/toxic suggests a repressed or forbidden aspect of yourself. This part of yourself may be seeking recognition and acknowledgement.

In general, shoes represent your approach to life. It suggests that you are well-grounded or that you are down to earth. It also represents your convictions about your beliefs. If you are changing your shoes, then it refers to your changing roles. You are taking a new approach to life.

So there you have it in a nutshell.

Incidentally I'd go with the white Converse and consign the Fit Flops to obscurity.

Word verification: blahnik (just joshing)

Bev said...

Oh Sandra, you are a gem. Absolute gum. Now I think it must be all about wanting a new job; at the right level of power; not too low level or not too high powered. And to carry on being myself. I'm probably also repressing wanting a new job, or a job as bit of me loved fluffy mummy world, and isn't ready. Perhaps Henry Viii needs to tell me what to do.
And I think you are right about the Fit Flops - they're a bit umm...will repress what I want to say.
Thank you!!