Wednesday 16 December 2009

Best Kept Secret in Town

I had the best night out last night, fantastic film in the school hall; 'Like Water for Chocolate'. Suddenly I like the magic realisim, and I adore the book. Then off to dinner with our school book club to the best kept secret in town. Here is the lovely place:

http://thaicafeandbookshop.com/home . Amazing dinner, spicy yet edible, and gorgeous gorgeous aubergine for main. And one of the best bits was the atmosphere; dinner squeezed in to tiny tables in the middle of books, full of people browsing the shelves, chatting and drinking bring your own wine and as much of the free chillled water as needed. This was quite a lot during my Tom Yum soup.

Want to go again tonight for dinner.

4 comments:

Boadicea said...

I keep meaning to book a meal there as Duncan loves books and they do vegan food. If you want to contact them via the website it won't let you send a message without inputting a mobile phone number. What happens if you don't have one?
I spotted quite a few typos on the site... still want to go though; will try phoning.

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

just go in and book - he's really nice, his wife cooks everything in the back room / kitchen at a range next to the science fiction section.

You usually get offered a cup of coffee if you are browsing there during the daytime.

Sandra Morris said...

I think the secret may be out now!

Wonder if we could be fitted in before Christmas......?

Bev said...

They're both lovely, she is an amazing cook. And the coffee and cake were fantastic too. Though afterwards I did wish I'd had the home made plum tart which looked even lovelier.