Tuesday 8 December 2009

A House of One's Own...

So today, for the first time since I think last July I had the house to myself from 9.30 until 2.30pm. I had not realised it had been so long, and in a false sense of security I did not plan any exciting time to myself so I did the obvious:

Washing, cleaned the bathroom, gardening, tidying, wrote Christmas cards and um, sorted some paperwork. I even considered the ironing but fortuitously Mat had broken the iron only this morning. Well maybe it had broken itself by having two feet high flames leaping out if its plug socket earlier.

What will I do with my time when Jem is at school full time? I'm hoping to do a class in Tai Chi, and not just the one for older ladies. I'm trying to get on a free community course in creative writing; although it seems amazingly hard to sort out (part of the paperwork earlier). And um, got to be more to life than housework and coffee...

No comments: