Thursday 10 December 2009

We had a power cut last night...

They happen about once a year or so, here in the country/outside London world. Always a bit inconvenient - last night I could not sleep and was reading/watching telly when the world went a bit black. We're relatively well organised with candles to hand, lighters, a torch and a battery lantern. Trouble was the renewable energy torch decided last night it would take its kinetic powered status a little far and only work when you shook it. Leading to some shaky lighting.

Still, it only lasted about half an hour, and is fairly dramatic as a little reminder we're not in town now. Of course we are in town, local town so also bit confusing as to why Hastings itself is in 1970. And we're talking about bringing trams back, which I'm delighted by. Used to adore Croydon's trams and getting them to work.

3 comments:

Damita said...

We had it too last night, I thought I had tripped my power box with me turning off the kettle or something, ha ha!

Bev said...

I thought it might be me waving my arms about aka car alarms.

J said...

Nah nothing you did Mum said they had one too. Mightily miffed she was as they were about to anouce who done it in some crime detective program.

Count yourself lucky though, us at the bottom of the hill get them every month since that blooming huge monstrousity was built next to the station. last one lasted 5 hours and cost me a days work, grr...