Monday 17 November 2008

How hard can it be to buy a calender, or why I should have more to occupy my leisure time part seven

I've spent the morning scouring the local shops for some black trousers, new wellies, and pants for Ol's school play. All needed apart from the Spongebob pants. Utterly bored with boys clothes now, and utterly bored with not ever finding what I need in the shops.

I've been hunting for the perfect calendar for weeks now, I've searched Hastings, Eastbourne and Bexhill. Every single shop that might sell them, and every single calendar has been examined. And now I'm bored, but still really really want a decent calendar. Had a lovely Ruby Gloom one last year which I was particularly keen on, and a vintage train poster one this year, which was a present.

Possibly the answer to all this hunting the shops is a day trip to town, tired just at the thought of Oxford Street though; know I'd just end up in lovely Leyton, and stay there (n.b. who would have thought Daniel- whose wife died was from there).

Or is the answer Bluewater? Or an amazing online shop I've yet to hear of?


2 comments:

SeasideMoggy said...

I get a trinity lighthouse calender every year for Xmas (I do ask Santa for it, lol). I love lighthouses and the British coast, so is perfect for me.
http://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/shop/calendar.html

My sister likes the Past Times calenders:
http://www.pasttimes.com/

Good luck finding one you like :o)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, good tips thanks, also love lighthouses, particularly keen on Smeaton's Tower in Plymouth.
Will get checking..