I'd like to do something fairly dull, and do a list of the great things I'm going to achieve, or give up this year. Instead I'm feeling more likely to shout at myself, as I did at Lovely M when he asked me what my resolutions are.
However the things I'd like to see happen this year are many, and here is a little sampler;
- Spend some time in the middle of nowhere in a log cabin - not sure why, just feel need for wilderness, not birdwatching though.
- Go out more with Lovely M - need a babysitter for this one, friends, offers?
- See little Ol learn to read, he impressed me by reading look on the road today, next step Enid Blyton.
- See J get more confident and learn to look at people (especially strange old ladies in Bexhill) when they talk to her, and lose the paralysis of shyness.
- Lose some weight (oh, how predictable) - or alternatively just buy some amazing clothes that make me look thinner.
- Pay off some money/debts (again, how predictable - but would be fantastic to start next year in a clearer position)
- Slug proof the inside of the house, note to others; if you have a slug ridden garden and bring in a tree from outside, the slugs will come too.
- Take more photos, and write more meaningful things rather than lists of silly things I, my family and friends have done.
- Go to more house parties - even with children, don't need to be big, just fun.
- Actually indulge creative side more with visits up to town, and galleries etc, once every couple of months to the local art gallery is not enough; and an hour and a half train ride for some rejuvenation is priceless (sound like advert for Barclaycard/trains now).
That's it, the list - how about you...any marvellous inspirational ideas for 2009, or just everyday ones that make life a little better?