Friday 5 September 2008

In thinking about in the night garden


I actually really love it, if you haven't seen it, try and catch it, its a BBC programme aimed at very little ones, with some sort of cloth people, some ding ding music, gorgeous park scenery, and weird things in.


It's absolutely what the BBC do best; delightful, slightly aimless, but very comforting programmes to be watched snuggled up on the sofa on a rainy day. I am more than a little confused by why Macca Pacca is so much smaller than Upsy Daisy and Higgle Piggle. Ol says its so he can fit in to his small house under a bridge. Which, may well be the case, I guess people/magical night time characters might grow as big as their surroundings.

Am very much enjoying new ban on advert telly in our house, it means we're stuck with much gentler television programmes, and no talk of I want, I want, well not as much as before anyway. Suddenly have a new found respect for my parents' decision to ban ITV, Grange Hill, most definitely anything hideous like Benny Hill or Carry On films and make us choose one programme a day to watch, with Newsround being a free choice.

It really did make me read, write, draw, lie on my bed, walk the dog then latterly smoke fags, and meet boys. Still a proper country lifestyle minus the horses. Dad never let me have stilettos either as he said they were only for people in towns. Still not quite sure what that meant.

No comments: