Wednesday 6 February 2008

Water, water bills going up

When we moved in to tattyhouse a little under a year ago, the water board contacted me and told me we were going on to a water meter. I disputed this, as a family of four, by their own estimation it will cost us around twice as much as the rateable system. They said there was nothing they could do, as it was policy to change all houses over to meters when sold.
Just got a bill today for £266. Very cross with them, as its definitely twice as much as it should be! And we're very careful with water, have only used the hose once, and never washed the car (yes, it is a little grubby). Children even share a bath in true 1970;s style, and we have bricks in the toilets. Feel a bit like a toddler having a tantrum, its just not fair! And on top of that, British Gas have decided we owe then £130 for electricity use, as we're leaving them. Apparantly our monthly direct debit was not high enough. It's just not fair! Again, we're quite careful with electricity, though I have to admit to sometimes forgetting to turn out light when we go out. Still, all a bit tough. And am saving up my crossness for the Water Board who I intend to write to when I can get enough Mrs Angry energy up. Water of life indeed, more like Water of Riches, and Gold.

No comments: