Ol keeps falling over, really badly. Partly as he just doesn't seem to get it together to put his hands out, then falls on his head, but partly...well, don't know.
So today will hereby be known as Find the Answer as to Why Ol is So Clumsy Day.
And here are the steps we are taking.
1. Visit to the doctor's this morning for hearing test referral - he though v. unlikely to be the cause and suggested it was the wellie boots fault. Course I explained they were being worn today due to torrential rain and normally Ol is in sensible Clarks shoes. (Think possibly cultural misunderstanding here as Doctor not from UK and does not have children).Hence he probably thought ..well, I don't know but he sent us packing.
2. Visit to Clarks, or Jones - which is better anyway? To check shoes are not too small. Apparently a common cause of falling over.
3. Visit to opticians to check eyesight - only feasible if Ol remembers his alphabet in capitals. Not sure how feasible this is.
4. Genetic tests to see which parent is the clumsiest - I think I already know the answer to this , and it is not me. Unless I am drunk, which invariably I am not.
5. Finally making shapes with arms, then duplicating them. This was explained very quickly yesterday so will need more research but actually is just a diagnostic for how clumsy you are and is not the answer.
6. My preferred option - making him sit inside every lunchtime as a softie nerd who's mum won't let him run around. Whilst inside he can play music, draw pictures and learn his flippin' alphabet. But not do too many sums as don't want him being too science, or mathematically nerdy.
Any bets to which is the answer?
edit: Shoes are the right size, and optician says his eyes are good for now - although did also weirdly mention the wellie issue again. Do these people think I am obsessed with wellies whatever the weather - it was raining today!