Monday 9 March 2009

Lucky Girl



Have been feeling very sorry for little J at ballet. She's been the only one without a tutu for six weeks or so, due to me thinking she wasn't bothered about having one and was delighted with her made up costume. Turns out she wasn't and nearly cried when I finally got her a lovely pink one.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I succumbed to the ridiculous notion that she needed tap shoes, for about ten minutes a week. So I got some plain canvas ones from e-bay. Then today, she needed them for the first time and loved it! But...sadly she resembled a Minnie Mouse clown ballet girl, as I'd got confused over sizes as had been told to get one size bigger than normal. Well, course that means remembering normal size..I mean, really how much is a person supposed to know.

So....as a fantastically amazing treat we've ordered these! Very excited and even a little jealous of them already. Course they are flamenco shoes so much more stylish than our clod hopper tap shoes. And I might even let her wear them occasionally for other things - even though they are most certainly not Start Rite.

I promise it won't be make up next...but it might be shopping for dresses together.

6 comments:

Sandra Morris said...

They are really lovely. I'm quite envious too, especially as I've got a thing for red shoes.

When I was a little girl I always yearned for tap shoes. They make the most wonderful noise........bet she'll never want to take them off!

Lucky girl indeed......

Unknown said...

I love the shoes! I am sure your little one does too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, she is very excited...and I am so jealous that I had to buy own shoes today, quite practical though so don't count as buying anything (can't believe the things friends notice like what/where you spend money!!!)

Anonymous said...

OMG these are DELICIOUS! I started tap a few months ago and am shockingly terrible (see http://morethanjustamother.blogspot.com/2009/01/shuffle-ball-change.html) but am convinced I would be amazing if I could just get my hands on a pair of these shoes...

Anonymous said...

Welcome more than! You simply must get some grown up versions - also some gorgeous dance shoes in the DanceDirect catalogue (v.v. bargain pried bits).

Bracken Crafts- 100 garments said...

Well lucky girl. I wish I had been bought these!

Hope alls going well for you. Its been awhile since I had time to read. Only one more week of hell left now tho!!!

Take care

Bracken