Wednesday 25 March 2009

The Simplest Things...

...make the biggest difference. I was bemoaning the fact that it was too much of a pain to get a big wooden box of vegetables home from the local community fruit and veg project drop off places. So much so, that as I'm usually not driving on a Friday - (nothing suspicious like boozy lunches just that we share a car) I gave up having them.

A friend then suggested that rather than carry the box home, empty it then take it back next week - I just emptied it in to bags that I could carry. Bags! Who'd have thought it. Very embarrassed and just murmured before admitting am so utterly unpractical I'd never thought of it.

Fast forward to end of day and Jem threw the biggest buggy tantrum of all in the middle of the road. Luckily my friend was walking past and helped but I was so cross I left the blasted buggy outside for the fairies to steal. Eventually we've come to an agreement though - one more walking tantrum and the fairies get it.

No comments: