Monday 19 November 2007

Rainy Night

Last night it was raining so hard, and the rain storm appeared to be coming down the hill, rather than from the sea as usual that we discovered some new problems. Putting the children to bed I noticed a really chilly draft sort of coming through the sash window. Wasn't sure how to resolve it really, well other than get PVC windows, but decided to fix curtain to window frame with clothes pegs in the end. It did seem to keep the wind out. Really did not know sash windows could be so holey.

Then came downstairs and found rain creeping in under kitchen door. We knew the door did not fit very well, but to have a door actually lettting rain in was not expected. Could not think of solution to that one so went in to living room instead, with lovely warm fire and glass of wine and watched 24.

In effort to be frugal we signed up to one of those DVD by post schemes, but as we don't want to pay any money, we feel we have to watch DVD's really quickly when they come in the post. Is bit of a shame really as think 24 is beginning to be a bit much for me, really fancied just sitting last night. 24 is amazing really, but so brutal and disturbing am not sure its actually good for me. Spent hours awake in bed last night worrying about, goodness knows what really and sure it was because was so hyped up from watching 24 before bed. When I was pregnant we watched another series, and I managed to get such bad toothache I thought something was really wrong, dentist said I was just stressed and grinding my teeth in bed, due to watching 24.

I think I've answered my own question really, need to stop watching 24 probably altogether but definitely before going to sleep. Do not want to drive self any more mad than already am. Going to try a week without telly soon, just need to convince rest of family...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm having exactly the same thing with watching I Claudius on DVD. It's very funny but bits of it are so vile (even though you don't see much) that it keeps me awake at night! Much cheaper than visiting Blockbuster and much more choice tho - time to order some light comedies I think! x Piper